Monday, October 27, 2008

Tuesdays With Dorie: Chocolate Chocolate Cupcakes + Happy Birthday, Dear Gabby



This week's TWD is Chocolate Chocolate Cupcakes, chosen by Clara of IHeartFoodForThought. I hope I am within the bounds of TWD rules by letting you know that I made this recipe in September, for my daughter's first birthday. Overall, these cupcakes were a success, mostly thanks to the awesome ganache frosting. The cake part was not the best ever, but not too bad, either. It would work just fine in a pinch, I guess you could say. Since I have a phobia about the potential for dry cakes, I always add a smidge more liquid (especially if it's buttermilk) and a bit less flour than called for. I guess you can say that I don't buy that whole baking as a precise science school of thought. It seems like this additional buttermilk and a touch less flour make for a more moist interior. As you can see, these cupcakes turned out to be a hit, as evidenced by Gabby's face-plant into her cupcake.





I intended to post about these chocolate chocolate cupcakes on Gabby's birthday, which is in September, but I'm so behind the eight-ball, what with this move and all. But we're getting settled in and with a little luck, I won't be 6 weeks behind in my posting in the future! Happy first birthday, my darling Gabriella. You've taught David and I so much in the short time you've been with us. We joyously look forward to seeing the person you grow into.

For the full recipe, please visit Clara's site or find it in "Baking: From My Home To Yours", by Dorie Greenspan. Please visit the TWD blogroll to check out all the beautiful cupcakes.

8 comments:

chocolatechic said...

What a cutie bug.

They look wonderful.

CB said...

Happy belated birthday Gabby! She's beautiful. Glad she enjoyed the cupcakes for her birthday. Thanks for baking with me this week! Clara @ iheartfood4thought

kimberly salem said...

what an adorable girl, i can see that she had a great bday! the cupcakes look yummy.

Engineer Baker said...

She's such a cutie! Love the face plant into the cupcake - it looks like a winner :)

Unknown said...

How cute is she!?! Glad the cupcakes were a hit!

Anonymous said...

HOW CUTE is little Gabby! Looks like she LOVED those cupcakes! I would have done the same thing!

Bungalow Barbara said...

What a cutie! Glad she enjoyed the cupcakes!

Beth said...

She's so adorable! I'm a fellow TWD baker, and I was thinking that it would be nice if we all could chip in and get Laurie some small token/gift for all the work she does. Would you be willing to contribute? If I can get enough people, it would only be about $1 per person. No pressure :-) Let me know! bethberg12@yahoo.com